ESO Fund is looking for a financial analyst to join its team. ESO is a Registered Investment Advisor with offices in San Mateo, CA and Memphis, TN and manages 4 private investment funds in excess of $400m of committed capital. ESO invests in top venture capital backed private companies by partnering with employees to provide financing to exercise their stock options. ESO created this unique strategy in 2012 and utilizes a proprietary technology driven investment platform that allows transactions at scale.
The position will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
This is a great position for a hands-on finance professional who wants to be part of an innovative, technology enabled venture capital firm with a highly focused unique strategy, fresh investment capital, and a candid, and collegial team.
This position will be located in Memphis, TN with travel to San Mateo, CA on an as needed basis. Alternatively, if the selected candidate is currently located in the San Mateo, CA area, the position would be located in San Mateo, CA with travel to Memphis, TN on an as needed basis. Candidates outside of these locations may be considered for remote opportunities.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Analyze performance at reporting periods, along with transactional reporting.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support the underwriting process for valuing potential target portfolio companies. Provide ad-hoc financial analysis and accounting support.
- Participate in investment strategy formulation and new business initiatives.
- Assist in the period-end accounting close process by investigating variances and provide explanations. Also provide assistance with the annual fund audits.
- Support the portfolio management process by monitoring the health and performance of new, existing, and exited investments in the company’s fund portfolios.
- Identify areas where continuous improvement opportunities exist, develop project plans with management and the investment committee to execute continuous improvement in finance/accounting and other areas.
- Assist with investor relations including quarterly communications, deliverables, and capital fundraising.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or related discipline preferred 2+ years of financial analysis experience preferably in investments or private equity.
- Working knowledge of finance and accounting processes and principals
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret company financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, and related notes)
- Financial modeling and analysis (private company valuation a plus)
- Excellent written, and verbal presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge in Python, VBA, MySQL, Node.js, or other relational database with financial applications is a plus.
Contact: Mike Sousoulas- firstname.lastname@example.org
This innovative service promotes and enables a healthier relationship between companies and employees. I my opinion it's valuable to employees and great for the overall tech environment and economy. It is good for nobody when employees feel trapped because they can't afford to leave. In less extreme cases exercising can be expensive and somewhat risky and this is simply a good smart hedge and a good square deal. Brilliant!